Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Back Story

Way back in 2006 I started a blog called Magpie Ima. I enjoy writing and taking photographs and it was a great place for me to record my days as a busy homeschooling mama before they slipped away. Gradually I came to realize that I wanted to have a place to focus on food and my next blog, Magpie Eats was born.  Keeping both of these blogs was fun and exciting until one day, quite honestly, I just ran out of time and energy.   Due to a combination of factors including an increasingly complex life as my children grew and  chronic health issues, I found I really didn't have the energy to both do and document what I was doing so, as so often happens, I let things slide, leaving me with two abandoned blogs taking up space on the internet.  How sad.

In the intervening years I decided to go back to school and tackle my health issues head on and I've come out the other side, feeling very much that I'm entering a new phase in my life, one with less pressure and more energy and the time to get back to doing the things I love.  I am, at heart, a maker.  I enjoy dong things the hard way and working through challenges. I am always asking: how could I do that myself?  Would it be cheaper?  Better?  More satisfying?  And I am delighted when I can forgo a trip to the store because I have the ingredients on hand to make my own DIY version of something. In addition to being a maker, I am also a perpetual student and a teacher.  I love to learn new things and share what I've learned and help other people grow their own skills. The last thing?  I really do love to write.  I thought grad school would pretty much take care of any urge to write that I might have for the next five years or so but I'm finding that I actually miss it.

So that's the back story.  Yes, I'm starting another blog.  It will be pretty open ended.  I plan to share new projects as well as republish some old posts that fit my vision for this space.  Some of the things you'll see here will include gardening ideas, gluten free recipes (my own and those I find elsewhere), crafts, home remedies for common ailments, all natural body care and household products, and pretty much anything that strikes my fancy.  Interested?  I hope you'll want to follow along, ask questions, try some of the projects, and share your experiences.  I'd love to see this develop into a community of like-minded folks who enjoy making as much as I do.  So here's to spring and new beginnings and fresh starts!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment